. . . my future grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
After our dictator-in-chief delivered his speech of lies earlier this week, I’m afraid this pivotal time will be forever considered as the end of our wonderful nation, which is supposed to be based on Constitutional Law. It has sadly become a nation based on regulatory agencies, a convoluted legal doctrine and tax structure, crony Capitalism, special interests, and protected classes. I need to tell you where I stand during these trying times, which is the wrong side of popular opinion but what I feel is the right side of history. Hopefully you will read my words one day and understand more about me.
First, I want to tell you I love you and I’m sorry. I’m sorry for being asleep while the evils of progressivism crept into all aspects of our once free society, taking away our freedoms under the guise of fairness, “helping our fellow-man”, and lately national security. I’m sorry I stood by while God and prayer was being meticulously and litigiously removed from the mainstream and being a Christian and a Conservative made one a fringe kook and a pariah. What am I? I guess I’m the fringe kook pariah. I’m okay with that.
Where did this all start? I’m not a hundred percent sure, but based on my research, I think this all began with a power shift away from the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and state and local power and towards federal regulations and progressed further when the US was removed from the Gold Standard, and even more with the implementation of the Federal Reserve Bank. It all sounds good on the surface, I guess, but I believe it was the start of crony capitalism and opened a window for a progressive, centralized power-grab by corrupt politicians and sadly, it’s snowballed from there. I believe the critical components of a successful Capitalistic society are a solid moral fiber, a fierce and unyielding personal constitution of honesty, integrity, and a healthy fear of God.
Somehow, those mere mortals in charge made themselves God-like and we “the people” didn’t seem to notice or mind our new ruling class. Naïvely, we kept silent. We never asked ourselves until lately as to why almost everyone in Congress are much more wealthy than they were when they were first elected. Why else would such bitter and vindictive old men and women stay so long in one job? I can assure you it was to line their own pockets and to fund their own pet projects at our expense. And now they have to nerve to get on their pulpit and preach about income inequality? We deserve what we get because we kept electing them. It’s still a tough pill to swallow, but swallow it we must.
Like millions of other Americans, I’m awake now, although it may be too late. I didn’t vote for this man either time he was running for election. However, he’s not the only one to blame and previous leaders I willingly supported also contributed greatly to the deficit spending and the financial burden you are now dealing with. I am so ashamed. Ashamed of my apathy, my ignorance, and my lack of involvement even though I now know the truth. To be honest, by the time many of us woke up, we were already being attacked from all sides by this progressive onslaught and it is a bit overwhelming.
The First Amendment is under attack by supporters of this administration screaming racism, using the IRS to target and intimidate so-called dissident groups, and sadly, using the lap-dog press to slander the character and financially ruin anyone who dares speak out against this tyranny. They don’t realize the very tactics they use on others will eventually be turned on them. History repeats itself and I hope I live to see some it.
Our Second Amendment is at risk as well, with stringent gun control laws our federal and state governments are attempting to implement and when/if they can’t get those, they’re going after ammunition with regulations. I hope you get to enjoy the Taurus .38 special that I hope will be handed down as well as the Smith and Wesson 9 mil I recently purchased, and the AR15 I hope to have before I die.
The Fourth Amendment of illegal search and seizure, has been basically shattered, specifically with regards to the NSA spying. Worse is the figurative shitting on the Bill of Rights by our dear leaders.
This administration’s illegally governs by executive order and our stupid Congress stands and applauds “our king” while he continues to nullify all of their equalizing power. They have become lemmings, cheering their own demise, not unlike the Roman Senate centuries ago. Our judicial system is also corrupt and politicized. We are no longer a nation of laws but a nation of men, corrupt judges, greedy attorneys and protected classes of citizens. A nation for the people, by the people is just a grand idea, nothing more.
I want you to know where I stand on issues that will most definitely affect the way you live, unless this nation hits the brakes on this perverse progressive agenda. There are so many, but I wanted to address a few. Specifically:
1. Legal abortion. Please know that I’m neither a monster, a murderer, or a proponent of this horrendous blight on this country. To me, this isn’t much different from the sin of slavery or Communist Russia or Maoist China killing millions of their citizens. We will be harshly judged by history on this one.
2. Deficit ($17 trillion as I type) spending to include Obamacare, stimulus, the bank bailouts, and any other bailouts that have yet to happen. The debt we are leaving you is inexcusable and I want you to know I wanted no part of these labor union and big-business payoffs for Democratic votes. It’s sickening.
3. Common Core. I’m so sorry you’re not getting the best education possible. I’ve written my State Representatives, but in the end, it’s all about Federal money pouring into the state coffers and future customers for Microsoft Corporation with all of the data mining attached to it, and not about your education. Your on your own with this one, but never, ever stop seeking the truth.
4. Amnesty for Illegal Immigrants. Such utter disregard for our laws and our open borders has made this country much more dangerous than it ever should be. Rewarding criminal behavior is in itself criminal. The burden of these people on our social programs and criminal justice system is unacceptable and is done so only for the inexpensive labor, future labor union member dues, and future votes for democrats. Stay safe and aware.
5. The Federal over-regulation to the point where the American Dream is virtually unattainable except to a privileged few. It’s not the way it was meant to be.
6. Despite that our dear leader said, man-made climate change is not settled and the subsequent overreach by the EPA (Agenda 21) is out of control. Considering every breath we exhale a dangerous emission is asinine. Never has a larger hoax been played on the world for profit and control. The data has been proven to be doctored by so-called scientists to keep their grant money and hopefully this will be looked upon and laughed at one day.
Droughts are not increasing nor is the polar ice melting. The climate changes. We have cold winters and hot summers. We should not be taxed and regulated for it, especially when other emerging industrial nations aren’t as regulated. I am a good steward of the environment, but much of what happens is beyond anyone’s control. Our god-like leaders perpetuate this lie to feed their enormous appetite for control of all of us.
7. Gay or Straight Marriage – Our government needs to get the heck out of all it and ALL social issues. We can decide how to live our own lives.
Please don’t misunderstand, I agree a rich country like the United States needs to help those that need to be helped. It is an obligation we have as Americans to our fellow Americans, but to saddle you with the financial burden is unfair. I understand that with prosperity comes responsibility and those individuals who are mentally and/or physically unable to take care of themselves, the elderly, the very young, and those who are down on their luck need to be provided for. But it is obvious that this cannot be managed well on the Federal level and needs to be pulled back to the state and local levels. The abuse and fraud of these programs both domestically and recently internationally is unfair and infuriating to those play by the rules, do the right things, responsibly manage their own lives, and pay their taxes. It is especially unfair to you because we cannot sustain these costs without deficit spending.
There are voices of dissent who speak out against this tyranny with great risk to themselves. To list them here would bring too many vile and contemptible comments to this blog. Seek them out and read about them. It will not be easy as their words are being scrubbed from the historical record almost as soon as they are spoken. Always remember history is written by the winners.
In the end, I know you will do well. It’s in your genes. Be true to yourself, maintain a healthy fear of God, help others in need, and keep a clean conscience. Apologize when you’re wrong and do not gloat when you are proven right. Stay humble, honest, live simply, and lastly, never, ever believe you are alone and know that you are truly, truly, loved.